Music Academy Season Tickets.
(Reprinted from Sri. Sri. Sri. Faceseasonananda's diary entry of three seasons ago. Suitably modified with addendum #9 to factor in the current climate).
Rain or shine, currency or card, bike or boat, TADA or Nada, the show must go on!
For the benefit of those who haven't yet seen the customary full page programme schedule on the Music Season Special Supplement of The Hindu today --
Eligibility / Selection Criteria for Season Tickets ---
1. Minimum of 75% in 10th and 12th Stds. Notary attested mark sheets to be presented.
2. Minimum of 70% in Bachelor's and/or Master's degree. No arrears in any subjects in any semester. Attested mark sheets of all semesters to be produced.
3. Ration Card, PAN Card, Passport, Driving License, Aadhar Card and Voter Id -- all of the above in original to be produced at the ticket counter. Two attested copies of each need to be submitted.
4. Those holding valid Drivers' License issued in the continental states of the US of A are given 5 grace marks.
5. Residents of the Greater Mylapore area, immediate blood relatives and descendants of performers in the evening slots and super senior slots in the morning are given 5 grace marks upon producing attested, documented proof for the same.
6. Written Test carries a weightage of 50 marks. Broadly covering Trinity, Papanasam Sivan, Purandaradasa and 20th century composers from TN, Andhra, Karnataka and Kerala.
7. Group Discussion carries a weightage of 25 marks. Topics will only be on Trinity compositions.
8. Personal interview carries 25 marks. The panelists comprising Shri. PSN, Smt. Vedavalli and Shri. BM. Sundaram will conduct the personal interviews. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence will be encouraged with the President and/or any Executive Council members of the Academy.
9. Those who bring the old Rs. 1000 and Rs. 500 notes shall bring an authorization letter in original duly signed by Hon. Shri. Arun Jaitely and Shri. Urjit Patel along with two photocopies attested by the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Egmore/Saidapet.
Also, applicants are strongly advised against queuing outside the Academy premises from this afternoon onwards. The counters open sharp at 09:00 am tomorrow and applicants are strongly advised to come to the venue not earlier than 6 hours before.
Here's wishing all the very best for applicants.
Have a Happy and Fulfilling Music Season 2016.
Issued on behalf of the Office of Sri Sri Sri Faceseasonanda.