Unravel the Wonders of Buddhists Monuments of Asia & Art Challenge
On 6 July 2020, Apsaras Arts announced the launch of the upcoming digital live showcase of this acclaimed 2015 production where the audience will journey through Bharatanatyam expressions and movements that depict monuments including Mahadevi Temple in Nepal, Bodhgaya Mahabodhi Temple and Sanchi Stupa in India, Vattadage in Sri Lanka, Shwedagon Pagoda in Myanmar, Bayon in Cambodia, Borobudur in Indonesia and Wat Pho in Thailand. This thematic dance presentation will also cover the influence and impact of Buddhist emperors, Asoka and Jayavarman VII who were iconic in the spread of Buddhism throughout Asia.
This screening is presented on SISTIC Live, a major ticketing platform in Singapore from 23 to 27 July 2020. An Art Challenge has also been launched in conjunction with this showcase. The challenge calls for artwork inspired by the monuments featured on the dance performance of Añjasa.
1. Entries close on 18 July 2020 at 23:59 hours
2. Entries are welcome from both Singapore and International participants
3. Digital copies of Drawings, Sketches, Water Colours etc and Digital images are welcome
4. Submissions must be inspired by one of the monuments featured in the Dance production ANJASA as listed above
5. Top three (3) winning entries will be decided by the number of likes received on Apsaras Arts Face Book and Instagram pages displayed from 19th July to 23nd July. Winners will be announced on 23rd July 2020.
6. Winning entries will be made as souvenirs and shared during upcoming international tours of ANJASA and featured in the ANJASA brochures. Winners will receive ONE (1) complementary ticket to the screening of ANJASA on SISTIC Live. from 23rd to 27th July 2020
To submit the ART Challenge entry: https://tinyurl.com/ycsoj5lj
Follow this showcase and related videos and talks: https://www.facebook.com/anjasa2015
For tickets [ Available from 18 July till 27 July]: https://www.sistic.com.sg/events/slanjasa0720